RELEASE YOUR INNER WARRIOR WOMAN
There are times in our life that we feel stuck, lost or enter in to a cycle of self-sabotage and yes it feels crappy but it can also feel kind of nice having that security blanket of an excuse…
The definitions of a warrior:
- One who is engaged or experienced in battle
- One who is engaged in struggle or conflict
- One who is fearless and strong
The Warrior Woman Project is for those women who feel like they are in a battle within their lives, they may not feel fearless and strong, but they are… A sign of strength is being vulnerable and seeking out help.
That is what we do at the Warrior Woman Project, we help find that inner strength, we take a step back and work out a strategy to win the battle.
We do that through our membership programme where we have an online element, new modules are available weekly over a 12 week course then all are available to build your own strategy to keep you moving forward. We hold regular workshops and have tea and chat mornings every fortnight in Glasgow, there is also an online community to reach out to and offer support to so you can connect and engage from anywhere in the world. On top of all that 10% of all proceeds go to Women’s Aid charity so we can help women from all walks of life get back on their feet and become warriors.
We live in a society today where women want to have it all, we want to be successful in the home, have family time, be successful in business, be fit and healthy and have a fantastic social life. There are so many women who feel pressured if they are failing in one or more areas.
Being able to take a step back and look at it from a different angle, see that they are not alone, understand that they are not mad (or not as mad as they thought they were) and that there is a way to get better balance makes a huge difference and takes the immense pressure off of their shoulders.
I have been on that rollercoaster of hell, I still sometimes get back on, but it is so much easier now to get back off when I realise what I am doing. There are some of the women have been on the programme now for a year and I have seen massive differences in them and when we review where they were even just a few months ago they realise how far they have come too. Confidence is much better, self-belief has improved, they are moving towards their goals and can reset and re plan them as often as they need now they have all the tools to do so.
My advice to anyone who feels overwhelmed and like they are on that rollercoaster of hell:
- Breathe – breathing is so under rated, sit up straight, roll your shoulders back and down and take a few slow breaths in, feel your rib cage expand as you inhale so you are taking a deep breath…
- Learn to say ‘No’ to other people when they are putting demands on you, yes you might be superwoman but there are still only 24 hours in the day and 7 days in the week and we cannot fill all that time for other people.
- Don’t eat your breakfast / lunch / dinner at your desk. Always move away and take the time to eat your food. Eating distracted does nothing for your stress levels and is bad for your digestive system. That does not mean that you skip meals, it means you move away from your desk and take a bit of time out.
- Drink plenty of water, when we are stressed we tend to reach out for fizzy drinks, coffee, energy drinks and alcohol… these all dehydrate you, get basic water in to your system to keep everything functioning well.
To check out the Warrior Woman Project head over to http://freedomintraining.co.uk/warrior-woman-project/ on that website you will also find details for my Pilates classes and personal training along with my daily blog, and weekly healthy recipes.